In a fast-paced, goal-driven generation, it is predictable that self-care gets pushed aside. Always on the move and continuously staring at screens never allows us to wholeheartedly cherish the present moment, let alone stay in tune with our ever-changing emotions. Content and time swiftly pass by, leaving us a bit overwhelmed with inner thoughts and at a loss on how to control them.
Here at Teramune, we’ve discovered how to enjoy the revolving world around us with a peace of mind and balanced emotions through Aromatherapy. The ancient natural remedy has become a staple in our modern way of living, and here’s why.
How Aromatherapy works
Aromatherapy is a holistic remedy that entails natural pants as a means to promote physical and mental well-being. The holistic treatment is considered both an art and science that enhances negative emotions and promotes good health from the usage of organic essential oils. The natural oils are extracted from all parts of a plant, such as bark, roots, leaves, flowers, and more.
The natural remedy that is Aromatherapy works by removing toxins, rejuvenating cells, and stimulating the limbic system (which is known to influence our feelings). Aromatherapy oils can be both inhaled or used topically to achieve those therapeutic effects that generate positive emotions.
Methods for benefitting from Aromatherapy oils include:
- Inhaling: Oils Inhaling the aroma of organic essential oils by placing the opened bottle directly under your nostrils. The pleasant scent can bring about calmness as it helps to relieve stress.
- Diffusing: Placing the essential oils into a room diffuser is an easy way to inhale the oils consistently throughout your living space. Meditating while diffusing creates an atmosphere of peace as it balances your thoughts, body, and soul.
- Bathing: Apply several drops of organic essential oil into your bath water for physical benefits. The aromatherapy oils latch onto your skin and are absorbed through your bloodstream, promoting muscle relaxation and natural healing.
- Massage: Another natural remedy that promotes physical and mental health is the act of massaging organic essential oils onto different areas of your body. Dilute the primary oil into a carrier oil and apply it to your skin, especially in the areas of pain (commonly on the back, neck, and legs). The oils serve as organic medicine through the same process as bathing. It is absorbed through the skin.
- Steaming: Add about 3-7 drops of organic essential oil into a warm bowl of water. Place your face close to the bowl and inhale the vapors for a few minutes. This holistic remedy promotes positive thoughts, relaxation, and joyful emotions.
If the stresses of the world weigh heavy, try Aromatherapy for health. The methods above are easy ways to relax the mind and body from the constant movement in this new generation of life. Although Aromatherapy is not an alternative medicine that can heal all diseases and negative emotions, it’s a high stepping stool towards healthy habits. Studies have shown that aromatherapy tackles:
Additionally, Aromatherapy for health advances your immune system, preventing frequent colds and sickness. It is an excellent holistic treatment to try during flu season when germs are quickly traveling from person to person. To advance your health or to get rid of a mild-moderate cold, include organic immune supplements into your aromatherapy routine. Organic immune supplements taken with the treatment of inhaling organic essential oils break down mucus while protecting against environmental threats. The natural oils will leave you feeling rested, rejuvenated, and ready to take on the world.