As we all know, everything starts with nutrition. The stronger your immune system is and the healthier you are, the more easily your body can fight viruses and overcome them. In order to strengthen your immune system, the right foods and supplements can help along the way.
I met with Maru Davila, a certified nutrition health coach, chef, international best-selling author and member of the Teramune advisory board, who shared her recommendations for boosting the immune system.
Load up on foods that are good for Detoxifying + Reducing Inflammation + Boosting Immune System + Supporting Gut health:
- Cruciferous veggies: broccoli, cauliflower
- Veggies: beets, hot peppers, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, artichokes
- Leafy greens
- Spices and herbs, such as cilantro
- Fruit: citrus (lemons, limes, grapefruit and oranges), berries, apples and kiwi
- Healthy fats, such as avocado, extra virgin olive oil and almonds
- Green tea
- Fatty fish like salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel and anchovies
- Dark chocolate
- Legumes: beans, lentils and chickpeas
- Green bananas
- Fermented foods: Kimchi, yogurt and kombucha
Food To Avoid:
- Remove inflammatory foods that damage the gut, such as:
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners
- Processed and fried foods (in particular using hydrogenated vegetable oils)
- Identify the foods that make you feel good and the ones that don’t. Eliminate foods that make you feel:
- Uncomfortable (e.g., pains, loose bowel movements)
- Minimize the toxins you are exposed to in food and water:
- Select organic and/or non-GMO foods
- Consume pasture-raised or wild products (meat, fish, eggs, etc)
- Test your water for chemicals such as chlorine, pesticides or lead
Best Immune Supplements:
Make sure you are getting supplements that use the highest quality of clean ingredients. Ideally get medical-grade supplements.
- Overall health
- Vitamin D
- Immunity boost
- Vitamin C
- Immunoberry - herbs, mushrooms and natural compounds
- Vitamin D
- Gut health
- GI Revive - Glutathione
- Detox supplements and shakes
- Milk thistle
Everyone has unique health and dietary needs based on their individual genetics and environment, including current lifestyle habits. Start simple, be aware of your body and do research. You can adjust along the way until you find the foods and supplements that best suit you and your lifestyle and make you feel great.
For more healthy recipes, please check out Maru Davila at https://flacaforever.com/ or contact her at email@example.com for help with choosing and/or ordering supplements.